MORRISTOWN, TN A man found spray-painted orange from head to knees died from inhaling paint fumes, and his death has been ruled a homicide, police said.
Terry Pease, 45, was apparently disrobed and sprayed with "Halloween-type" hair coloring before collapsing at his cousin's house Nov. 2, Morristown detective Rick Harmon said.
|Pease was apparently disrobed and sprayed with a Halloween hair coloring.|
Pease left his cousin's house with two women and a man, then returned hours later intoxicated and painted orange, Harmon said.
The paint fumes overwhelmed Pease's respiratory system, causing his bronchial tubes to swell and cut off the flow of oxygen to his bloodstream, Harmon said.
"On the cans of this type of hair dye, there are warning labels that say the paint can be fatal. This is unbelievable," Harmon said.
Harmon said he believes that Pease died as the result of a prank but said the investigation is ongoing.